Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Listing

As the days remain infernally hot, the calendar marches on. Noah grows quickly, inching his way to new feats daily. His growth is exaggerated by the introduction of newer, smaller babies in the lives of friends and family. He shadows the growth of the garden, which has peaked and begins to dwindle with each 100 degree plus day. The sunflowers are listing with their bright faces looking to the ground, as if searching for a landing spot. I think they know my summer vacation is ending.

Thursday I go back to work. The excitement I feel is overshadowed by the idea of leaving Emery and Noah at home. They'll be fine, I'll settle into my work schedule again, and home life will be fun still. Too bad the temperatures make the last days of summer intolerable outdoors.

No comments: