Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sucka MC's

A sucker. Also known as a plug, binky, pacifier, and across the pond as a dummy. That one item of silicone and plastic makes my life easier.

Sure, I use toys, a swing, bouncer, and even various carrying positions to satisfy his desires of happiness and mine of non-screaming babies. However, this one item makes more of a difference than all others, except Mommy of course.

I should build a shrine to the thing, but instead I'm writing this ode to its bountiful brilliance. Soon, when he can crawl, I'll embark on a scientific experiment. I'll place him on the floor directly between the sucker and I. Whichever he crawls to first wins. Of course, if he heads in the direction of the pacifier, I'll have to ensure my victory by picking him up and being the great father who gives him the object of ultimate joy.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Sucka
Love it--

Unknown said...

Oh how we love our plugs. They make the world go round.