Sunday, October 5, 2008

Off Vacation, On Life

It's been quite some time since my fingers punched out the lines of a blog post, but once again the tingling feeling of words flowing into the void of internet floods my phalanges. I didn't decide to go on a blog vacation or anything, but I never felt like the world had slowed to a pace I wasn't just hanging in there with until this weekend.

A few little things have occurred since my last post from the Honduran islands. Just your average everyday things, like a new school year, starting the CSA, and a little shindig of a wedding. Oh yeah, I got married! (Even though its been over a month, it's still fun to say out loud.)

I was inspired by many of the beautiful things in life to start this blog, and it just so happens that one of those things is now my wife! Which brings me back to this weekend. We relaxed.

I had promised to take Emery camping, but the wind and rain rolled into Tucson on Saturday, and I had spent the morning dismantling furniture and rearranging rooms in our house. Emery cleared out most of the clutter, I moved stuff from one corner to another in an attempt to help, and now we're happier. So much happier in fact, that we went for a little picnic this morning. I'm sure she'll be blogging about the experience, so I'll save my reader base of 3 from the hassle of hearing about the details twice. But all in all, I feel as though life is back in order after the wedding rush, and fall has hit Tucson, and I'm settling back into life.

The beautiful things are still an inspiration, but also a goal. I plan on spending more time these next few months carefully observing how awesome the world around me can be. Friends, family, and those perfect strangers that work for something better than mediocre are on the horizon, a perfect sunset for me to chase.

1 comment:

emery_rose said...

I'm so glad you are going to start writing again. I love your writing style. It's fun to hear about life from your perspective. I had a really good time with you this weekend.