Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Honey, how long since the last..."

Newborns require regular maintenance. I knew that would be the case. However; keeping track of the frequent 'pit stops' was unbeknown to me.

Once upon a time I became certified as a Wilderness First Responder. The biggest part I recall is how to monitor the patient's vitals. It allows you to know if they're fading fast or recovering nicely.



Noah Kai's ins and outs are a way of keeping up with his health. Supposedly we can predict what he will be needing in the near future based on what he's had happen in the past. If only there was an easy way...


Introducing the Itz Been, or as we like to call it, the 'How long has it been since we pushed the button on that thing that doesn't keep very good track of everything?"
That's right, it keeps track of last time we pushed a button for diaper, nursing, sleep, or a bonus button we don't know what to use for. It also has a switch for you to keep track of which boob he fed from last, if you can remember to flip that either.

The best part we've found is an alarm that goes off every few hours you set it to. Oh, and it has a flashlight that will come in handy in a few years when he and I go on ghost hunts in our pillow forts.



I just threw this in as an example of some of the faces he'll make when pooping!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure that little device will be helpful, but man, this is all so familiar. And a good reminder for me of things to come. :)

Lots of love to you three.