Monday, February 2, 2009

Update: 2 down the hatch, 2 to go

Stone Levitation Ale: Tasty ale with pleasantly bitter aftertaste. I've been trying to sample different brews from Stone since the last few have been great. I'm still more a fan of their stouts, but this one was a nice Sunday evening treat. However, I think any company that claims to have brewed their beer using only water, barley, hops, and yeast might be feeding me a line.

Dogfish Head 90 minute Imperial IPA: Grading math tests can make a teacher crazy. This beer can cure all. I find India Pale Ales to be too hoppy most of the time, and many say this is because I'm not a true beer connoisseur. Maybe so, or its possible that I tend to enjoy stouts and porters more. Thick and dark however this beer is not. It makes a bold statement with its rich flavors and smooth aftertaste. The hops are subtle, possibly because they are constantly added over a 90 minute period. I can't wait to try the 120 minute IPA. Thank you Dogfish Head for introducing me to the beauty of a good IPA!

No comments: