Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Car Free Tucson




Today was Car Free Tucson, a time to put the car keys down and pick up a bike, bus fare, or your walking shoes.



I chose my bike, which is easy because it is my everyday commuter. But I also had one of my students commute to school alongside me today. It was fun to have a cloudy day for once, and celebrate by taking a few quick shots with the camera phone.




I also decided to reward myself with a bit of coffee and sweets before going downstairs to work.





Finally, I wanted to show a quick picture of the mural students completed last year for Global Youth Service Day. It has MLK, Ghandi, and Cesar Chavez standing in the desert next to two faceless students. Their faces are actually mirrors so any of the current students can be a part of the mural! Life is good on days like today.

1 comment:

natasha said...

Love that picture you took while NOT holding on to your handlebars. Better make sure Noah never sees that...wouldn't want him to get any reckless ideas. ;) Awesome mural!