Thursday, June 26, 2008

Exciting Times

I'm such a pansy at times.

Today I'm uber excited about my trip to Honduras, the plane leaves in less than an hour. We have our plane tickets to and from the country, but all else is in the hands of spontaneity. Somewhere within the void lies beaches, bus trips, and gourmet street vendor dinners.

This all differs from our last few days at Walt Disney World, an equally exciting time we've had. I felt the 'magic' of Disney infiltrate my subcortex as we took the magical express bus to our hotel Sunday night. With a conference as an excuse, we toured the resorts, pools, and boardwalks in our isolated paradise. We ventured into the theme parks nightly to ride coasters and boats, and eat overly priced junk food whilst watching the people saunter from one gift shop to the next. Being overwhelmed by the visual stimulus most of the time kept me satisfied, but the amazing fireworks at night would bring a dampness to my tear ducts that made Emery giggle.

But today, an escapee from the Disney compound, I am entertained by the blogarific internet once again. And what happens during my lust for outside knowledge? Jed the magnificent pops up in a little window on the screen screaming news of joy my way. Congratulations sir, this pansy almost shed a tear of excitement in response. If anyone else would like to see the news, I encourage you make your way to his blog, that is, if he has yet to pop up in a little window on your screen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the news about Jed and Tracy. And have a great rest of your trip!