Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

I got my ass handed to me at "church" this morning.

A group of us rode Miligrosa Trail this morning, and the group was fast. I tried my best not to live up to an unmentionable nickname, so I was out the door and ready to go just after sunrise. Mentally I was as prepared as an astronaut. Physically I started the same. But after riding up a short section of hill (most people would call it a mountain), I realized that I'm out of shape and prone to heat exhaustion.

I love how the summer has almost crept up on me, because I enjoy it more if I just accept the heat and lazy days. If I had waited in vain for the last two months hoping to be done with school, I think I might have been disappointed with a weekend as unproductive as this to kick off summer fun.

Now I desire only one thing; to spend an evening hanging round in the air conditioning with Emery. Who knows, maybe my back patio area will finish itself in the next few hours and I can treat her to a sunset dinner out there. Sadly, I think the magic gnomes are affected by the sun just as I am.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I hope you had a great a/c evening with Emery.

I'm so bummed you didn't get that bike.

emery_rose said...

It's too bad about those gnomes. Maybe we should trade them in and get some that aren't so heat sensitive eh?
the bike was probably most of the reason you weren't racing out in front right? We'll keep looking.

Jed said...

you should ride with me... You'll break the sound barrier compared to yours snaily.